IS Codes and specifications for steel design:
Indian standard code and specification for steel structure design for all kinds of structures are listed below. These are the codes which may be referred throughout design of steel structures. Following are the codes usually used, for any specialised design, the other code may additionally be referred that aren’t listed here.
• IS: 800 : 2007 – Code of practice for general construction in Steel
• IS: 802 part 2 : 1978 – Code of practice to be used of structural steel in Overhead Transmission Towers-Fabrication, galvanic, review and Packing
• IS 2062 : 2011 Hot Rolled Medium And High Tensile steel — Specification
• IS: 806 : 1968 – Code of practice to be used OF Steel Tubes in general Building Construction
• IS:1161 : 1998 – Specification For Steel Tubes for Structural purposes.
• IS: 808 : 1989 – Dimensions for hot Rolled Steel Beam, Column, Channel and Angle Sections
• IS:816 : 1969 – Code of practice for use of Metal Arc welding for General Construction in mild steel.