Mechanical properties of steel incorporate a variety of properties, including: hardness, toughness, lastingness, yield strength, elongation, fatigue strength, corrosion, plasticity, plasticity and creep. The properties that are most significant in construction is,
- Tensile strength: At the low end, values are approximately 250 N/mm2; at the high end, tensile strength is as high as 500 N/mm2.
Eg. Fe 250″ is steel with a tensile strength of 250 N/mm2.
- Compressive strength: Steel also has compressive resistance
- Hardness: Steel can be undergoes wear and tear, Friction too
- Toughness: Steel can bear the impact load.
- Ductility: Steel is ductile material and can be transformed into any shape.
- Malleability: steel is malleable and can be drawn wire from it.
- Flexibility: It is a flexible material which make ease in formation of different shape.